How to save money on your Heating bills?
Unquestionably, heating bills always seem to be on the rise and with some very cold UK winters recently, then those costs are going to be felt even more once Spring comes around.
Here are 5 ways you can cut down on your energy bills:
1. Insulation – good insulation in your home makes a world of difference – insulated walls and double glazing will ensure the heat within your home is retained. As a result you won’t need to keep your heating on as long.
2. Smart Thermostats – smart stats connect to the internet and consequently to your heating system, normally via a hub, and essentially allow you to control your underfloor heating systems or central heating system via an app on your iPhone or Android device. Different rooms or zones in your home can be controlled independently ensuring you save money on your heating bills by turning off the heating in rooms not being used.
3. Energy Usage – check your thermostats and make sure you are not using too much energy – sometimes all you need to do is lower your thermostat a little.
4. Underfloor Heating – Both Water and Electric systems are far more efficient than traditional radiators. Radiators generally need heated to around 65-75 degrees Celsius whereby underfloor heating only requires to be heated to around 29 degrees depending on the type of floor being used. Radiators only heat up the area around them first leaving rooms prone to cold spots. Underfloor heating heats up the entire floored area – so no cold spots.
5. Check your Energy Tariff – when it gets close to renewing your energy contract, don’t just let it lapse – go and see if you can get a better deal elsewhere. There is a lot of competition these days so always try and find the best deal available.
Who are we?
VPS Underfloor Heating are able to answer any question you might have in regards your upcoming project or installation and stock a range of top-quality underfloor heating products from some of the most recognised names in the business including: Grundfos, Heatmiser, ProWarm, ESBE and Salus Controls.
Give us a call on 0141 459 3141 to talk to one of the team or choose one of the options below and attach your plans and we’ll get back to you with a breakdown of what you’ll require to get your installation up and running.
Still Not Sure?
Give us a call on 0141 459 3141 to chat to one of our in-house underfloor heating experts, who will get your project up and running in no time!
Alternatively, click the General Enquiries or Request a Quote Buttons and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.