UNDERFLOOR HEATING – UFH
Underfloor heating can be used to simply warm your floor or act as a primary heat source, replacing your radiators. It comes in 2 main forms, electric systems and water systems.
Electrical systems use electrical cables to generate heat, whereas water systems use of a length of pipe set in the floor, a heat source and a pump to pump the water through the pipes to heat your floor.
Each system type provides different benefits, making each more suitable for specific project types. Here are some of the key points to remember when choosing the right system for your needs.
- Easy to install
- Cheaper to install in smaller areas ie kitchens/bathrooms
- Can be retro fitted into existing rooms with minimum disruption
- Will only increase floor height from as little as 3mm
- Can choose wattage output for different scenarios
- Generally cheaper to run than electric heating
- Cheaper to install in new builds and full refurbishments
- Can be run using Air Source Heat Pumps for low energy usage
- Systems can be remotely controlled via PC/ipad/mobile phone
- Perfect for large areas and multiple rooms